BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's My Mission

As the end of my college experience approaches, I find myself learning more and more about who I am and who I want to be. I've come to realize I actually don't have as much in common with the people around me as I thought I did... and it's almost unbelievable that it took me several years to figure this out. How did I not notice this before? Is it something that's changed in them, or something that's changed in me?

I know that I don't ever want to lose my childlike wonder; I won't rest until I've experienced this world to its' fullest extent. I don't want to pass up any opportunity to further experience God's creation, no matter how tired, haggard, and worn I am. I don't want to get a real job... not for a long, long time. I want to travel the world, and I don't feel the need to settle in one place and get comfortable in one career. I've been told my life's not going to end when I turn 30, that I shouldn't rush to experience it all. But in reality, who, besides God, really knows how long I'm going to live? Why get comfortable and stay in one place when there's so much to see and do in this enormous blue and green spinning ball we call Earth?

Not only do I want to fully explore this world, I want to fulfill the Great Commission in the process. If we are called to be sent, why are so many of us sitting still? Isaiah 6:8 fully encompasses my life mission statement, and when I lie on my death bed I truly hope I will have fulfilled it.

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" -Isaiah 6:8

0 comments: